#225 Title:

The Bra Show

Special Guest: Susan Nethero, the best cleavage cop in the business! Also, Chief Fit Stylist and Founder of {intimacy).

Description: Love yourself. Be comfortable. Boost your confidence. Look terrific. It's all possible when... your bra actually FITS! Listen in and let Susan Nethero, nationally known as "The Bra Whisperer", uplift your shape and enhance your style!

Duration: 45:28

rss Listen Now (Vicky and Jen Player)
rss Listen Now(iTunes)
rss Listen Now(mp3)
rss Listen Now(m4a)

Related Podcasts:

Pink Ribbons

Making Peace with Your Body

Chic Mama: Fashion


The Art of Breastfeeding


Show Index:
00:27 Intro: All About Bras
01:28 Do We Need Bra Help?
02:03 The Bra Difference
03:08 First, Get Fitted!
07:19 The "LIFT" You Need
13:01 Tips for Proper Fit
19:51 About My Intimacy & Pink Ribbons
22:01 Must-Have Bra Styles
28:08 What About Color?
34:28 Sport Bra is Important!
36:28 Sleeping & Nursing Bras
38:45 Nipples & Minimizers
41:43 Closing Comments

Special Guest:




Music Spotlight:
rss Music: Miss Erika Davies
rss Tracks:
Robot Girl

Visit her on MySpace.

Get it on iTunes.




About Susan Nethero

Susan Nethero, nationally known as "The Bra Whisperer," trained under the Queen of England's Royal Bra Fitter, June Kenton, and has more than 15 years of experience giving women of all shapes and sizes the perfect fit.

Susan is the founder of the wildly successful (intimacy} boutiques. Over the years, she has hoisted, squeezed and adjusted more than 100,000 pairs of breasts. She is the exclusive bra fit expert on Lifetime's "How to Look Good Naked" with Carson Kressley, and has appeared numerous times on "The Oprah Winfrey Show," NBC's "TODAY," "Rachael Ray," "The Doctors," "The Tyra Banks Show," and "What Not to Wear." Susan can also be found quoted on the pages of the nation's top fashion magazines. Visit MyIntimacy.com.

 


Our Favorite Bra Facts


Susan & David Nethero, Founders

• A firm fitting bra is most comfortable as it does not shift on your body with wear and active lifestyles. It supports and evenly distributes the weight from your bust line and results in greater comfort. Begin by fitting firmly on the loosest hook, then move to the second and third hooks as the bra ages and stretches.

• Erroneously, most women rely on the shoulder straps of the bra for supporting the bust line. Only 10% of the support should come from the shoulder straps. The bra band should provide the other 90% of the support.

• Underwires don't have to be uncomfortable. You should not feel the underwire of a well-fitted bra. Most underwire complaints are the result of a cup too shallow or the bra band riding up the back. This forces the under wire to slide forward into the breast tissue, cause weight to impinge on the rib cage or dig into your skin.

• Regarding back fat - The proper position of a bra should be level across the bodice front to back. This will minimize the appearance of soft tissue on the back. It will encase the soft side tissue to prevent show through and increase comfort.

• You can minimize nipple show through by positioning the nipple on the seam of your bra. Plus, a properly fitted bra eliminates shifting and nipple irritation, which can help prevent the nipple from becoming erect.






"My shoulders stopped hurting. I was standing taller and looked thinner." - Jane